Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I am a victim of a Scam

Three months ago I received a mail from my uncle telling me to submit my CV to a person named Debra Lebert of CANAIES - Canada Immigration and Employment Services for me to be able to apply and work temporarily in CANADA. At first I am hesitant to do so because I know that I don't have an enough money to pay for the processing fee. But my Uncle insisted me to apply because the processing fee is cheaper than the other agencies, it is only two hundred fifty US dollars (US$ 250) and he told me that he already asked a relative from canada about the agency and that it is existing. And I tried to convince my father to help me financially in my application to Canada, and I made it, he allowed and help me in paying the processing fee.

I thought that there are no other payment aside from the processing fee but after a week they are asking for the Visa application fee which is US$150 for Canada and US$131 for US because she said that I need to under-go a training in the US for 3 months. At first I doubted so I asked her if how much will it cost me to meet all the probable payments because I need to make sure that my money is enough if I need to pay another fees in the future.

Then she said that "CANAIES is not trying to exploit you, the $281US dollars must go to the immigration department here while the earlier amount serve as your mandatory registration fee and CANAIES will not request further amount from you."

So that was the explanation I gave to my father and then He again gave me US$281 for that. Then few days ago an email came to me that their website was a victim of Cyber-hyjacker, so I felt bad about that but then the problem was fixed after a week or two.

And then lastly they are asking another payment and that is for the Postage and Authentication Stamps fee which is US$516, because they are going to send three parcels, one for the US embassy, one for the Canadian embassy and one for myself, so each parcel will cost me US$172. And that made my father really mad, and I was disgusted because I don't want to give up on that. I think my father pittied on me so he again gave me the money.

I was happy when I receive a mail from Debra Lebert and she said, Your address is noted. In receipt of your postage/authentication stamps fee and CANAIES official payment slip; we are told that your work permits/entry visas documents will be dispatch on the 20th August, 2009. Updates and details of your traveling parcel will be communicated to you as soon as possible." so it feels like heaven that I am close to my dream.

But on August 20, 2009 I received no email from them so I am worried and I kept on sending mails to Debra Lebert but she is silent. And I asked the asia-africa zonal officer which is Mario Hewitt, then he responsed, "We have received your mail and complaints forwarded to CANAIES headquarter. The response was that, your parcel will finally be dispatch on Monday 31st August, 2009. The delay was due to procurement of necessary documents. You will not be disappointed; Debra Lebert may be too occupied to reach as earlier expected."

So again I wait for another 10 days and on Sept. 1, 2009 I received a mail from another person which is Ruth Rendell she said, "Congratulations, your entry visas/work permit seal sticker, airline tickets and other documents is package and sent today being August 31st, 2009. It will reach your destination in 3-4days as express postage." So that really cheers me up.

But.. four days after an email broke my excitement, Debra Lebert's bad news, "Late yesterday, we received a telex from UK SPECIAL SQUAD ON COURIER SERVICES that your traveling package is on hold in the United Kingdom.
The parcel content is scanned while changing courier from TransCanada to DHL, UK, and it was found that we sent your entry visa seal stickers.
They needed to verify CANAIES as an organization on some issues regarding the new UK courier service security check. It is also said that you must clear yourself from any terrorist/Al-Qaeda intentions from the office. "

UK SPECIAL SQUAD ON COURIER SERVICES
Contact person: Mr CARL YORK
#6, South Mundells
Welwyn Garden City
London AL7 1EP
United Kingdom
E-mail:-
uksscsmail@mail.com "

Huuuuwhat?????? Is this true? So I email Mr. Carl York telling him that I am the receiver of the parcel from CANAIES and that I am not with any terrorist and they responsed to me asking some personal information like my birthplace and schools attended. I see no bad intention about that so I answered all their questions. But then another mail came to me from Mr. Carl YOrk, "



He is asking me to deposit a 500 Great British Pounds because I need to be cleared in 3 months and if I am innocent they will give my money back through the bank account that I'll be giving them.. I was dismayed. That is unbelievable.. So I asked for another option for me to clear myself but he answered me that it is the only way and that I need to comply immediately. Then I asked for conditions before I can possibly pay is to send me copy of all my travelling documents including some information regarding their department for me to be able to know that they are legitimate and existing. But they did'nt reply and that really drives me crazy. So I emailed Canaies but they did'nt give me any kind of support, they want me do what UKSSCS is asking..

Now, I am sure to myself that I am a victim of a scam and I feel betrayed by an uncle whom I trusted. I learned an important lesson, "verify before you comply"... And if you are planning to apply over the internet or do business in the internet.. make sure that your are dealing with the right person or company and
if you want to know if the website is a scam or not just click right here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...